Eyelid Centre Surgeons
Welcome to Eyelid Centre. We would like to introduce our Consultants Mr Jeremy Bowyer and Mr Pedro Muel-Gonzalez, who are Consultant Ophthalmologists and Oculoplastic Surgeons, practicing Staffordshire and Cheshire.
Both our surgeons are Consultant Ophthalmologists, who in their NHS positions, see and treat patients with all types of eye conditions such as cataracts, diabetic eye disease and glaucoma. In addition both Consultants are Consultant Oculoplastics and Orbital surgeons, meaning that they are experts in the specialised delicate plastic surgery of the structures around the eye and face, eyelids eyebrows, tear drainage system and eye sockets, providing comprehensive modern management and up to date, relevant techniques/reconstructive/trauma and cosmetic problems.
Upper Eye Lid Problems
- Heavy Lids, hooded Lids (Blepharoplasty)
- Eyelid ptosis (drooping eyelids) and eyebrow ptosis (drooping eyebrows)
- Thyroid eye disease
- Eyelid malposition e.g. entropion (in-turning eyelids) and ectropion (out-turning eyelids)
- Facial Palsy Rehabilitation
- Cancers, tumours, "Lumps and bumps” of the eye and around the eye
- Xanthelasma Removal
- Artificial Eyes & Eyeball Removal Surgery (Enucleation/Evisceration)
- Cosmetic improvement surgery for artificial eyes and eye sockets
- Watering eye surgery
- Botulinum Toxin injection treatment for blepharospasm and other involuntary facial movements
- Reconstructive surgery for trauma to eye, eyelid and socket
Cosmetic Eyelid/Oculofacial Treatment
- Cosmetic wrinkle relaxing injections
- Eyelid bags (Eye bags), Heavy Eyelids, Drooping Upper Eyelids, Sagging Upper Eyelids, Baggy Eyelids (Cosmetic Blepharoplasty)
- Brow Lifting
By choosing our surgeons, you will be safe in knowledge that you will be seen and treated by a consultant oculoplastic surgeon who:
- Has some of the most rigourous training and only works around the delicate anatomy of the face and eyelids in NHS and private practice.
- Performs many procedures each year.
- Has a pure interest in oculoplastic surgery and is able to offer a full spectrum of the latest techniques to achieve your goals.
- Will be able to advise you about what can be safely achieved.
- Is able to avoid and manage the rare but potentially dangerous complications of oculoplastic surgery.
Will always keep the underlying health of your eyes as an utmost priority.
Mr. Jeremy Bowyer (Eyelid Surgeon)
BM (Southampton), FRCOphth
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon Specialist in
Oculoplastic, Lacrimal and Cataract Surgery